Monday, September 13, 2004

First Update Since Forever Ago

I will tell you this...

I bought a Boston Red Sox hat before I moved to New York because I thought I could be the edgy outsider. Well... it's difficult to be the edgy outsider when you live a mile from Yankee Stadium. Yeah. Also, it's probably in my best interest to not draw any additional attention that my whiteboy status hasn't already taken care of. I'm not saying I live in an unsafe neighborhood. I'm just saying that it's not exactly the type of neighborhood where you want to go jogging at night, which is fortuitous cause I'm not the kind of guy who wants to go jogging at all. So, yeah. I usually keep my Red Sox hat hidden until I get on the train to Midtown (or Whitetown to you racists).

The funny thing is that I don't even really like baseball all that much.

The best part of New York is that the Subways never shut down. Not like in Boston where all the trains turn into pumpkins at 12:30.

I went to Coney Island and rode the Cyclone. It was awesome. We went to the Coney Island Side Show which wasn't as awesome.

I met Conan O'Brien and saw David Cross do stand-up in the same day. I also saw Eugene Mirman, Slovin and Allen, Jon Benjamin, Mike Birbiglia, and Jon Glaser in the same show.

I paid $5 to do an open mic in the basement of a Mexican food restaurant to 5 apathetic comics and 0 audience. Surprisingly, it was still much better than the Picadilly Pub in Dedham.

More adventures to come.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unsafe? Please. You grew up in Brockton. You should be fearless.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Cross is HILARIOUS. I envy you.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its hard to believe ALL the comics at a Taco Place were bad. At least one person there mustve been great?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home