Monday, January 10, 2005

Vogler Can Kiss My Ass

Occasionally, a screenwriter can pitch his film by describing it as the meeting between two well-known films. This is called the Yalta pitch. Film X can be described as: Film Y meets Film Z. I read a script that was described to me as: Hamlet meets The Godfather.

I'm not very good at writing screenplays but I am very good at pitching meetings between two other movies. Someday I hope to make all of these meetings into award winning screenplays.

Death of a Salesman meets You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Babe meets The Exorcist

The Great Mouse Detective meets 9 1/2 Weeks

Weekend at Bernie's II meets Sophie's Choice

A Christmas Story meets Schindler's List

Kangaroo Jack meets Crocodile Dundee

The Lion King meets The Lion King II: Simba's Pride

Radio meets Forrest Gump

Casablanca meets Ghostbusters II

The Manchurian Candidate meets Meet Wally Sparks

The Piano meets The Pianist

Deep Impact meets Armaggedon

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie meets Nell

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just give me the fucking number. That's all I want. Either give me the number or get in the trunk.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home